Friday, March 10, 2006

I wonder...

...if I could get telekinesis to work for me, would things like aerodynamics and wind-resistance make a difference?

For example: I can imagine sitting here in my chair in the library and summoning the latest issue of Bust magazine to my hand. But. When the power of my mind begins to pull the mag toward me, would it matter if the pages started flapping? Would I lose bits of concentration and drop it, or is it enough that my mind is facilitating my laziness?

Wind-resistance would surely be a factor in the speed with which I receive the magazine, but because I don't really understand the powers of telekinesis, I have no basis for a hypothesis. Yoda tells us that it matters not the size or weight of an object, that one must channel the force and use it to move matter. I always thought similarly, but also that if one understands the make-up of an object one might be able to control it.

Either way, the magazine is not budging. I try and try to move things with my mind, but to no avail. I guess I'll just have to walk over there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home