Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dearly Beloved, we Are Gathered Here Today...

I like this word: Susurrus. Onomatopoeia. Susurration gives me the wiggins. In a good way.

I don't like this word: Ain't. Not because it recalls my redneck childhood surroundings, but because I don't understand how one makes a contraction of "am not," into "ain't." Wouldn't it be "ai not"?

Last night I drank some wine and watched an episode of the third season of Six Feet Under with Flux the feline. Not many shows can make me laugh out loud in solitude or cry to a blubbering point. Or maybe that's just what I needed last night. A release in the form of a gay man's funeral. It was really very sad. "I just want it to be worth it," said David to Keith. Me too. If I end up sharing a large portion of my life with someone, I just want it to be worth it.

Then we began to watch Purple Rain which is a VERY VERY good/bad movie. Cheese factor: monstrous. I just can't ever get over the fact that his highness is such a very small man.

Tonight: cake baking, house cleaning, Buffy watching, dinner making, dress-up, booty shaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home