Thursday, August 04, 2005

Family stuff

Ah Thursday. The day of sleeping in. Tonight there's the market and my wee, sweet brother is coming into town. Okay, that's a lie. He is coming, but he is neither wee or sweet. Heh. No, he is sweet sometimes. We shall see if he deigns to hang out with his fogey of a sister. Apparently, on saturday, his friend's birthday party will have a keg and strippers. Woo! Alright, sarcasm will get me nowhere. I want the boy to spend some time at my house where he can hop on the MAX and be downtown in minutes, or take a short walk and be in a fun neighborhood. I think he's just sad from his most recent breakup and wants to get drunk and make out with some stupid chicks. Understandable.

He still expects me to drive home on sunday (approximately a 5 hour jaunt down I-5), so I will fulfill one of my summer dreams. My parents live in Rogue River. I mean to find a swimmin' hole and glory in the freezing water during a 105 degree day. Oh yes. Plus my dad says that they have a plastic kiddy pool, so if I don't find a swimmin' hole, I can sit in that. Yeah. Whatever happens, I aim to romp with my favorite dogs, Pip and Buddy, immerse my bikini-clad body in water, and basically revel in the warm glow that is the parental environment. I will probably get shit from my mom about The Disappointment (which has new information), but still, they will feed me, dad will detail my car, and I will talk to the chickens and eat tomatoes from the vine. Yay!

Excellent! I just talked to my sister, Caitlin, and Pete and I are going to pick her up in Eugene on the way south on sunday. It will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home