Saturday, December 06, 2008

Serendipity

A series of extremely fortunate events.

This afternoon I took myself to breakfast at the Beaterville cafe. They use an interesting font on their menus. I copied this one:


I realized as I was finishing that I'd left my wallet at home, so I 'fessed up to the server and she let me run home to get it. Whew. After I paid and was unlocking my bike, a denizen of the neighborhood asked if I wanted to see the crucifix collection next door at the little vintage shop.

I'd never been into this shop before, but had always wondered what treasures were inside. The proprietress showed me the lot of crucifixes she'd bought at an estate sale, AND I found the most awesome thing for my mom. Which I shan't write here in case someone who knows her relates the info...

Anyway, I have to go back tomorrow because she doesn't take cards. Hopefully tomorrow is as glorious as today and I can ride my bike down there.

Later...

I was going to set up my desk to do some work, but realized that I didn't have a bulb for my lamp. I rode my bike to Fred Meyer and on the way home got to witness an amazing sunset. Think Maxfield Parrish on ACID. Unfortunately my photos don't do the glory of nature justice, however, upon approaching my apartment, I was surrounded by a mob of Santas.





Sigh, what a day.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home