Wednesday, November 26, 2008

merci, gracias, asante, danke, spasibo

can thanksgiving be the new christmas? we could sing thanksgiving carols, share what we're thankful for, eat good foods, and hang out with people we like. let's take thanksgiving back from its terrible history! celebrate thanksgiving eve and day. go see a movie the day after instead of shopping. the cornucopia can be like a stocking with nuts and tangerines and chocolates.

i'm a genius.

today bill picks up the 24+ pounds turkey and we (hopefully)start abrinin' that bird. tomorrow we'll cook and clean like crazy for our 10-12 guests. i'm so excited.

i'm thankful for (in no particular order)
the health of my friends and family
my siblings' children
my job
my husband
my new boss
cheese bagels
president obama
stretchy jeans
my individuality
the internet
dogs
colors
art

p.s. no possession can really be called mine until there's coffee, alcohol and dog spit and chew marks on it. my new moleskine is ready to go.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home