Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Descent into Hell and Other Fun Things

This morning, in a fit of agitated hair-hate, the scissors appeared and I gave myself a little trim. Nothing shocking, but when my bangs get a little longer I should be able to prepare a lovely Charlie's Angels feather. I am desperately trying to grow my hair long, but it is trying. Oh yes, trying.

My mom says that the demons are pissed because Jesus went into hell and riled them all up. I love the Anastasis. This must be why the hair is sorely testing my patience. And if the Eastern Orthodoxers and the all the other Christians are right, Jesus just made his second descent of the year. (Pascha, or Eastern Orthodox easter is May 1.)

After enlivening my chi, I ate a beastly breakfast: scrambled eggs with fresh dill and parmesan on toast. Mmmm. Finished my inky coffee and got myself ready for work. So despite the demons, I am in an extremely good mood.

Here are some good things on the horizon:
I have been offered a space to show my photography in August. When I said "but you haven't even seen my work," he replied "you think I saw that guy's stuff before he hung it?!" Haha.

My friend Matt and I are now talking again.

The preview of Ramona is on Saturday. Directed by my friend Andrés Alcalá, and starring the illustrious Jessica Zodrow. (She's not Ramona, but her aunt.)

Summer hours for my library begin mid-May--hooray! No weekends! Glory.

I have delicious dhal and basmati rice for my work "lunch."


Detail from a 19th century Russian icon showing The Resurrection and Descent Into Hell with Feasts. haha. With Feasts. Yep, I love them icons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home