Saturday, April 09, 2005

I {heart} Ryan Blomberg

My friend Ryan is the most beautifully painfully amazing artist. He made this little book once that made me cry. Just line drawings and a few words here and there. I have a copy of his 'zine "Take heart, with pinky raised," which I have added to library's 'zine collection. I have not seen much art lately that plucks at my nostalgia for a time that I never knew, reminds me of being a child, and the pangs of having to be a grown-up. His photography is inventive--sweet but prickly. I could go into what makes Ryan's art, his message, his psychology. But why? Why ruin such beauty with bullshit speculation? If you want to know what makes Ryan tick, why his imagery is such that it is, ask him yourself. I am content to look and love.

Ink and Silver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home