Friday, August 22, 2008

Another one about food.

Not only do I LOVE having a market across the street from where I live, I LOVE that it's an Asian market. Prices are extremely low and I can find everything I need to make tom ka. They also have produce, kitchenware, and all sort of treats.

Yesterday I bought the most delicious drink ever: Chin Chin Aloe Vera and Mixed Fruit Juice Drink. It was a fantastic blend of pineapple, orange, guava, banana, passion fruit, mango and apple juices with chunks of aloe vera pulp floating in it. So good. Bubble ain't got nothing on this juice. I almost bought the straight guava/aloe drink, but the guy suggested the mixed fruit. I appreciate when people feel comfortable offering their opinions on stuff you've never had before. Especially when it turns out to be your new favorite thing.

For treats I bought some hot fruit beef jerky, Vietnamese instant coffee in a cute little plastic box, and a packet of coconut macaroons from a local Asian bakery. Oh yeah, I also got potatoes and a purple yam for dinner. All this cost me around $8.

I LOVE Vieng Lao. Too bad they're only open until 8.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Bo0sh said...

I want to make tom ka!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home